This usually indicates that your PSN or Xbox account is connected to a “nameless” Epic account, which can occur when you play on PS4 or Xbox One without connecting an Epic account. This can be corrected by promoting the “nameless” account to a full-fledged Epic account. In order to do so, please complete the following steps:
- Visit any Epic product site, such as the Fortnite Website.
- If you’re already logged into an account, sign out.
- At the top right-hand corner, there will be a icon of a silhouette – Mouse over this icon and select Playstation or Xbox.
- Log in using your PSN or Xbox Live credentials.
- Make sure NOT to log in with any existing Epic Games account information. You are trying to promote your existing “nameless” Epic account.
- Once logged in, you will be asked to register. In order to connect the account, you will need to use an email address and display name that are NOT being used on another Epic account.
- If you receive an error message saying that your account is already connected during this process, you are most likely trying to use an email address or display name that are already in use. Try using a different email address and display name.
Bear in mind that all of your save data is tied to the Epic account that your PSN or Xbox is connected to, not the PSN or Xbox account itself.