DP-01 when attempting to install a product via the Epic Games launcher
This error typically indicates that you do not have permission to install the product on your computer. To correct it, please try the steps listed below. These steps are written for Windows 7, so some locations may vary slightly on other versions of Windows.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus software.
- Make sure you are running as an Administrator on your computer.
- Navigate to Start> Control Panel> User Accounts> User Accounts.
- Select Manage User Accounts.
- If you are an Administrator, Administrators will be listed beside your username under Group.
- Make sure you have read/write access to the selected install path.
- Navigate to your selected install location.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select your username in the Group or user names box.
- Verify that there is a check under Allow beside both Read and Write in the Permissions box.
- Make sure your computer is up to date and has the latest Service Packs.
- Navigate to Start> Control Panel> System and Security.
- Under the Windows Update heading, select Check for updates.
- Install any updates.